Thursday, July 26, 2012

Day 7 - Choosing Happiness

"Most folks are as happy as they make up their minds to be."  Abraham Lincoln



I do believe this to be true; however, today I found out Lincoln didn't say this even though it is attributed to him.  Well, I still believe it to be true.

I find I'm happiest when I'm in my garden or taking photos.  The potential is of what it can be is what I like.  When I take photos, I have big dreams of what they will be like:  no noise, clear, brilliant colors, great composition.  Then the doubt comes.  The happiness creeps away when I compare to others or when a shot I thought would be great, isn't.  But roars back in when I find I've taken one that is outstanding!  Vicious circle.  

I am going to stop comparing.  I am still going to analyze other's photos, but I'm going to learn from them, not look down on my work.  

I am going to choose happiness.  OK, I'm really working on choosing happiness.




I used kk-felicity for the texture on this photo.  








1 comment:

  1. Isn't peer pressure a bitch! Yes, learn from others and this photo is great! I love the texture.

    ReplyDelete