Friday, May 24, 2013

Cabin Fever

Being stuck at home is no fun.  I had back surgery (successful, I think) and am not supposed to drive for another four days.  Since I can't drive and Scooter is at work, I've not been to the new house.   I can hardly wait for him to get home tomorrow so we can go look.  

I thought I was easily entertained, but apparently I was wrong! I haven't had to stay home like this for quite a while - at least not since I seriously started taking photos.  Not being able to look for potential subjects has made me be a bit for resourceful.  Maybe that is a good thing.  

First, I've been looking over my older photos and have been doing some editing and some deleting.  Not enough deleting, I'm sure!  Here's one that caught my eye...


Mostly, I've been watching the wildlife here.  Lots of hummingbirds and a few others.


These quail have been hanging out under a tree in front of our rental.


I love the pheasant.  He has been calling and calling.  I think he's looking for a girlfriend.  I hope he finds one.  He is so handsome! 

A friend from college came today to visit.  She brought me these lovely daisies.  It was so nice of her.  


The simple beauty of a daisy is why I like them, I think.

Here are a few of the hummingbird photos:


These are both calliope hummingbirds; female on the left and male on the right.  They are one of the smallest hummingbirds and they actually migrate the farthest.  Anywhere from 5000 to 9000 miles.  

Tomorrow should bring some new house photos.  Hope you enjoy my cabin fever shots!  I took all of these photos from inside the house.





1 comment:

  1. I would love to see a pheasant that close up. Hope you continue on the road to recovery.

    ReplyDelete