Monday, September 17, 2012

Day 24 - How 'bout a little pastel process?

Another exercise...this one was pretty fun.  I like being able to produce a new photo out of my old ones.  One of the things I learned is you can't just use any photo.  I really had to go through my photos to find a couple that would process correctly.  The pastels really make the photos beautiful.

First try:


I like this, but maybe it should have been lighter...  I also used a brush, like a stamp.  That was kind of cool.  I had trouble figuring it out at first, the stamp thing.

Here is my second try:


I love it.  I am so happy with the outcome.  I like the perspective.  I took the photo looking up.  I lightened it, added a texture and removed the texture from some of the flowers.  Then I added the quote and there you go.  

The last one I did:


One of the hardest parts is getting a quote I like.  Which shouldn't be that hard, but if it isn't just right for the photo, I don't want it. 

OK, onward and upward.  Next is a self portrait.  That will be interesting since I avoid the camera.



No comments:

Post a Comment