Monday, August 19, 2013

A Little Bit at a Time

It seems there is not much progress on the house, but really, it is going well.  This is the part you don't want them to rush.  You want these last things to be done well.  You don't want them to hurry through them and have to do them over.  I didn't realize how impatient I am!

I guess because I moved from "home" in October last year, it seems like I have been squatting for a very long time.  I try to remember how lucky I am to have this nice, new house.  I also cringe a little when I see how nice it is.  Then I remember Scooter and I worked a very long time to have this house.  It is our last one and I feel we've earned it.  It's still hard not to feel a little pretentious. 

Today's photos are from a few days.  There are some subtle changes and a couple big ones. 

This shows the trim board that was placed where the rock will go on the front of the house.






  
Here are the shakes that will go on the peaks:

  
Here is what they look like on the house:
  

 
 
They are storing the doors and trim in the garage:
 
 

 
 
Today, the tile in the Jack and Jill bath went up.
 



It still needs grout but you can see it anyway!

And lastly, here's another shot of the master bathroom floor tile.  They are getting ready to tile the shower here, too.  Probably will be up tomorrow.




That's it for now.  Rumor has it the countertops go in tomorrow.  I can hardly wait.  The appliances are coming tomorrow, too.  My goodness.  I'm so excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment