Saturday, August 24, 2013

The House Rocks

Yesterday, they started putting some of the rock on the house.  It's in the back and I almost missed it. 

 
All of the posts will be wrapped in rock like this.  There will also be rock around the bottom of the house in front.  Then wood wrapped to the top of the post and stain it.
 
The tongue and groove cedar has been installed in the entryway.  The big beams will be stained, too. 
 
I love the front door.  Here it is from the inside:
 
  Now this silly program says this photo is in the center.  Go figure...  No sense, this makes no sense at all.
 
Here's one of my favorite things in the kitchen.  This cupboard is for flat dishes like a 9"x13" dish.  It's also for serving pieces and up to 6" high bowls.  I think I'll like it.  Then you don't have to stack and have dishes fall over in the cupboard.  We'll see if I like it later!
 
 
 
The master shower is almost done.  I like the looks of the bottom of the shower.
 

Here's the rest of the shower.

 
The corner bench is supposed to be soapstone, too.  I think the backsplash in the master bath is cool.

 
I really am happy with the pieces of glass in the shower and backsplash that are the same as the glass in the floor.
 
 
This is the office door.  I love it.  I think I should have my name sandblasted in it!  lol  Think Scooter would like that? 
 



Now it really seems to be coming together.  Some of the lights work, but they are the canned lights.  I'm not sure when the electrician comes. 

I'm excited to see the lights in place.
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment